FlashYizz - Corruption FlashYizz - Corruption

This is, by far, your strongest song of this year from a production standpoint. I would pretty much replace every synth/sound source you have for a stronger ones that don't sound like default presets, better mixed (an example being the clap and off beat "Ayy!" samples). I was expecting a bass track to come in, but it never came. When your lowest frequency hitting is your kick, you know you are missing something.

The composition was very good, but if vocals were needed (as Hip Hop was founded to support), you will need to lose a few elements at times to leave room for the vocals. That's something I struggle with too.

Swing State Swing State

With some more mixing and mastering, this could be a gem.. and I love the piano playing! Good job, keep it up.

Goblins Goblins

Please let me get my hands on this. This is an uncut diamond.

Thanks man, go for it

+Scales+ +Scales+

The key's alternating pan in stereo was too quick for my ears, as it became distracting and disorientating in the mix, comparative to everything else. I think it will sit in a better space if the keys were automated to be brought down to a less severe attitude of panning at most times, only letting the harsh pan be an effect for breakdowns or buildups.

Drums are good except the 2/4 reverb. Either the snare or clap or whatever you have in there has a reverb on it that sounds likes a metallic bathroom preset. Besides that, nothing else to be done besides bring them forward with compression. Also, brighten the hats up a bit with some 12k-15k.

The brass hit/vox hit synth sounds off in timbre, whether that be pitch or note choice. The reverb was good on it though.

The bass drone could have been

ah There you are. :D

yeah the snare kinda sounds like a bushman smacking sticks together. the drone was a trombone through a hardcore. i was having a hard time initially just getting the rhodes to work. i wanted somthing else for this track. it went a way different direction from where i started with it.

+Little Boy Rude+ +Little Boy Rude+

I like your 808 and kick man! The chopper blade sound was well placed (could lose a little mid range freq on it though), as well as the brass hits and piano. Your drum instrumentation was on point. All good! The long-noted whine could have used some EQing, but the harmony with the main pad melody was nice. Not enough frequency separation going on, so it comes out a TAD muddy. Not much, but a bit. Maybe it's just my mixing style, but I'd let a little bit of the reverb and delay be lower in volume. Headphones and earbuds will translate more of it into the mix than monitors or speakers.

gray1 responds:

yeah the idea is there for sure. ill listened to it today. i was so tired when i made this and " some other things" but i think it can go somewhere for sure. ill try a remake when i get a day off again.

Cinderella [Hard Mix] Cinderella [Hard Mix]

good one 5/5

+Lazer Lucy Panther+ +Lazer Lucy Panther+

I'm diggin it man! haha it sounds kinda like some shit i'd do tbh

Playa's Club Playa's Club

I just wanna lay a bitch down by the fire on a bear rug with a glass of wine.

hell yea

+ching chong+ +ching chong+

All the tools have been gathered, now it's time to sculpt the statue!

Mixing is alright, but could use some work as some of the instruments could use a re-EQ to make them stand out. Some things like the brass could have used less verb, the saw tooth buzz could use a re-EQ and some more variation on effects throughout. Don't be afraid to take it out of the song too, or switching up the sound while keeping the same instrumentation/midi. I love your use of Japanese stringed instruments! Keep it up

gray1 responds:

for sure. i really bad at eq'ing my work. i wanted a different sound to come out of that saw but everything i tried seemed weird. i may revisit this track and try to give it some more love.

Oakland Oakland

Bump City music, i can dig it.

continue reppin the bay